Monday, May 23, 2011

Still pluggin' away at run vs. touch!

I have not been posting very much lately, but we have been working on the 2o2o vs running contact criteria. I had been using a stride regulator for a while and was having success with this. I didn't really like the fact though that it wasn't really following Silvia's method. So the last few sessions, I have been using a cut down version of the add a plank that she suggested. This is simply a piece of plywood about 3 ft long and 1 ft wide ( the size of the dw contact zone.) I have glued a couple of pieces of the puzzle foam flooring on it. It sticks well to my dw because I have a rubberized dw.

Let me know what you think!





I will say that I am not happy with this performance of "touch"...her stop command.

Today, I tried it again without taping it for proof of course and she ROCKED IT!!!!

I will try to tape another session soon! Any thoughts about how long to keep the plank on, and how to fade it would be great!

2 comments:

Laura and The Corgi, Toller, & Duck said...

Hi, I just stumbled on your blog from "View with 4 inches" and was wondering why Silvia advised the extended plank for Cheetah's DW? And since this was afew months ago, do you feel it helped or something else helped more? Congrats on your MACH2!

Wendy said...

it definitely helped, but I just haven't been able to get real consistent. I caved a bit, admittedly and went to more of a "moving" dw. I am doing the box with the aframe and it seems to be helping alot. I am still using the box most of the time in class.