Saturday, July 31, 2010

Tues – Flying out of Prague.

We got to the terminal in time and after some complications with them having Cheetah on the plane, things went smoothly. The 5 hour lay over in Amsterdam gave me plenty of time to potty Cheetah and get us back on track. The long leg home was pretty smooth except that We were next to a family with two small kids ( 1 or 2 and 2 or 3). I am not a big fan of small sticky kids, but they were ok I suppose because they didn’t scream the whole time, and the youngest (a boy) slept for the first 4 hours of the flight. They did sneeze and cough some, so I hope they weren’t too contagious!

Landed in Dulles about 4:30 and went through customs with out any problems. Cheetah saw an intact male Lab working in customs and he almost got distracted from his job. We got home about 8:30pm. All in all, I would say that the trip home was better than some other people reported, we were only delayed about 20 min leaving Prague and had plenty of time to make it up before we left for home. It was a cool experience and I would definitely do it again – I would prefer it without the puking and the mud though…if at all possible.

I have lots of things to train and courses to practice. That which does not kill us, makes us better handlers right? Hope you enjoyed my take on this adventure. Watch the videos – they will give you a good since of the challenging courses we had.

No comments: